This arborvitae (Thuja plicata 'Virescens') InstantHedge unit is in a biodegradable cardboard container and ready to be shipped for a privacy screen.
Somewhat fragrant foliage on this arborvitae/western red cedar sports reddish-brown stems.
- The Thuja Plicata ‘Virescens’ form is dense but not overly constricted and the foliage works well with casual or regular pruning.The Western red cedar grows best in moist, fertile soils with good drainage and performs especially well in cooler environments.
- The tree is native to the Pacific Northwest where it is typically found damp forested areas, from southern Alaska along the coast to northern California and from British Columbia east to Montana.
- The Western red cedar is the largest tree in the cypress family. In its native habitat, it can reach up to 200 feet tall and live for hundreds, and even thousands, of years.
- The tree’s scale-like foliage that is aromatic when crushed and its red-brown bark is equally fragrant.
THUJA PLICATA VIRESCENS DETAILS
There are a number of immediate benefits to choosing the Western red cedar for your next hedge:
- Dark glossy green foliage that keeps its form in all seasons
- Conical shape responds well to hedging.
- Tall mature height creates a great screen
- Easy to maintain in different climates
- With a taller and narrower habit than other Thujas, the Thuja plicata ‘Virescens’ tight up-reaching branches make a uniquely attractive hedge. Explore another type of arborvitae i.e Thuja Green giant arborvitae hedge
|USDA Hardiness Zones:||5 - 9|
|Your Hardiness Zone:||
|Sun/Shade:||Partial Shade to Full Sun|
|Growth Rate:||Fast, up to 2’ per year|
|Mature Size:||Up to 12’ height and 4’ width|
|West Coast - Sunset Heat Zones:||1 - 9, 15 - 17, 21 - 24, 32 - 45|
|Pest/Disease Issues:||No major pest or disease issues. Susceptible to beetle borers, leaf miner and spider mites, oak root rot.|
This arborvitae (Thuja plicata 'Virescens') hedge shows the boundary between two properties in a graceful way.
This little cottage garden with table and chairs is made more private with the arborvitae (Thuja) hedge behind.
The flowers in this bed look even more stunning when set against the dark green background of an arborvitae (Thuja) hedge.
Please fill in your details and we will reply shortly.