Flame Amur Maple hedges harvested and ready to ship
A row of Flame Amur maple (Acer ginnala 'Flame') ready to be harvested as a 5-6' InstantHedge.
Patented InstantHedge equipment makes harvesting Amur maple (Acer ginnala 'Flame') InstantHedge very easy!
After only three years of growth, the Flame Amur maple (Acer ginnala 'Flame') stands nearly 6 feet tall.
In spring and summer, Flame Amur Maple boasts lush, green foliage
This maple is aptly named "Flame" due to its fiery fall colors in red, orange, and yellow
- In addition to the yellow or namesake red colors in the fall, the Acer ginnala Flame also produces lovely greenish-white flowers in spring.
- Amur Maple hedging tree is native to forested areas in western Asia and southeastern Europe, where it can naturally reach up to 20 feet. Know more about hedging plants
acer ‘ginnala flame’ Details
There are a number of immediate benefits to choosing the Flame Amur Maple for your next hedge:
- Makes a uniquely attractive hedge with heavy pruning
- Turns a stunning deep red in the autumn
- More drought tolerant than other maples
- Grows easily in moist, well-drained soil
It is also known as the Tatarian maple, in reference to certain areas of Siberia and Mongolia that were invaded by the Tatars in the Middle Ages.
The Flame Amur Maple grows as a small upright tree with a rounded crown or as a large multi-stemmed shrub.
|USDA Hardiness Zones:||3 - 8|
|Your Hardiness Zone:|
|Sun/Shade:||Partial Shade to Full Sun|
|Growth Rate:||Moderate, to to 2’ per year|
|Mature Size:||Up to 12’ height and 4’ width|
|West Coast - Sunset Heat Zones:||1 - 9 and 14 - 16|
|No major pest or disease issues. Verticillium wilt, stem canker, leaf spots, tar spot and anthracnose are possible. Watch for aphids, borers, scale, leafhoppers, caterpillers and mites.|
Dense, leafy texture of this Amur Maple (Acer ginnala 'Flame') discreetly blocks the busy sidewalk on the other side.
Please fill in your details and we will reply shortly.